Do you have to pay to sail on Fish Bar at Pier 81?
- The cost to sail is included in our food and beverage packages. We have a selection of packages to fit your dining and drinking needs. You can always order extra to supplement your package, but we do not offer strictly a la carte service until after 9pm. Click here for the current sailing schedule.
Are you open/do you sail in the rain?
Yes! We are both open and sailing rain or shine. While we have outdoor space, you can hunker down in our indoor areas - available on each deck - until the rain, rain, goes away.
Do you have to be a certain age to go to Fish Bar?
We welcome customers of all ages, though we do consider our ambiance geared towards adults.
Do I have to get off after the sail?
- No, please take your time and relax. If you are dining in the main deck dining room, you are free to move to lounge or rooftop, pending availability.
How long is each sail?
Our sails range from 45 minutes to 2 hours in length. Check our sailing schedule here.
Do you only offer seafood?
- No. Though our menu is predominantly seafood, there are other items on the menu like our delicious Black Truffle Burrata, Skirt Steak, and Kale Caesar Salad.
Do I need reservations?
We highly suggest reservations as you will need to select a dining or beverage package, although these can be purchased at Pier 81 when you arrive as well. Click here to pre-purchase a dining or beverage package.
Does this venue offer table service?
- Yes. Whether you arrive to the rooftop, lounge, or sit in the main deck dining room, you can order at your table and will be received by a server.
Can I book a party on the boat?
- Absolutely! Please fill out this form we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Can I reserve bottle service on the boat?
Absolutely! Please fill out this form we will get back to you as soon as we can.
How do I know your offerings?
What is the atmosphere?
- We’d like you to feel like you escaped the chaos of Manhattan for a mini getaway. You'll hear great music, eat tasty bites, and sail the Hudson with some sweet views. After 9 pm, we'll be having a fun rooftop party Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
What is the dress code? Is it formal?
The dress code is informal. Ladies, think casual chic - guys, think summer swag.
Can I bring my pet onboard?
- Unfortunately, we do not allow pets on board.
How many people fit on the boat?
We can fit up to 500 people on the boat comfortably, spanning our three decks.
Does the boat have an outdoor deck?
- We have a floating rooftop on the 3rd deck, and extended outdoor space on the 2nd levels.
I went to Fish Bar it was closed. Why?
- Just like other restaurants, sometimes we close for private affairs. When the restaurant is booked ahead of time, we will keep our patrons abreast of the dates. Our sailing schedule provides the most up-to-date information.